We’re looking for a talented 2D render wrangler to join our team and help support the animation director.
The ideal candidate is an artist who would be able to complete any small AE projects and render animation files, assemble scenes and create weekly WIP reels for reviews and help keep the post and final render process organized. This is a junior position and the render wrangler will be responsible for monitoring and controlling the rendering process within the production of computer animation. The individual should be able to work on animation and VFX projects from the pre-visualisation stage until the project is delivered for compositing. This is a junior position, and they will be under the supervision of the animation and studio art director, with the opportunity to be mentored and to grow. The render wrangler is responsible for monitoring and optimizing the rendering processes on the render farm, to ensure established priorities are met.
We offer a flexible work environment that is fun and vibrant. Great development opportunities. We offer a mix of Nunavut and Ontario paid holidays, as well as corporate gym pricing. The salary range will be $20-$25/hour.
When applying for this job, please provide your resume, portfolio and demo reel by email to [email protected] no later than Feb. 28, 2022.
Please note that we will only be contacting applicants who are residents of the province of Ontario or territory of Nunavut. Due to COVID-19 this will be a remote work-from-home position, and must have access to high-speed internet. A small Internet stipend will also be provided.
Software Knowledge Required:
- Toon Boom Harmony
- Google Suite
- Storyboard Pro
- Adobe Suites (After Effects, Premiere)
- Strong attention to detail
- Able to assemble scenes in an edit
- Able to learn new technologies quickly
- Work in an interdisciplinary environment
- Strong communication skills in discussing requirements, deadlines and quota with Team Leader
- Able to work independently and in a team environment
- Able to take direction from supervisors
- Able to meet deadlines
What we’re looking for:
- Someone willing to learn, with a great attitude
- Able to work and communicate effectively in a collaborative, fast paced environment
- Highly organized and able to work in a systematic manner
- Creative thinker
- Problem solver
- Effective time management skills and able to find efficient solutions
- Must be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident, and resides in Ontario or Nunavut
- Must have access to high-speed internet