We are seeking a Studio Art Director/Creative Director that is first and foremost an artist who is able to inspire and teach artist teams on all projects. This position requires that the Director contributes to character design, layout and concept art. It is important that this individual’s style fits with the direction of the studio owners, and to help realize their vision of the studio. The bulk of our design work is for various transmedia projects, primarily for film, television projects and promotion is located in our Toronto office. The role will require strong design sensibilities and experience with digital media and web development.
We offer a flexible work environment that is fun and vibrant, with great development opportunities. We offer a mix of Nunavut and Ontario paid holidays, as well as corporate gym pricing. The salary range will be $29-$35/hour.
This is a long term position, and the successful individual will be in charge of all art in the studio for every project.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate a range of skills, including previous experience designing at a high level for print and transmedia projects. The ideal candidate works well in a team but is largely self-directed. They must be able to manage deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
When applying for this job, please provide your resume, portfolio and demo reel by email to [email protected] no later than Feb. 28, 2022.
Please note that we will only be contacting applicants who are residents of the province of Ontario or territory of Nunavut. Due to COVID-19 this will be a remote work-from-home position, and must have access to high-speed internet. A small Internet stipend will also be provided.
The Studio Art Director will take on the following duties:
- Meet with producers and stakeholders to inform design and discuss project specifics
- Work to develop unique and consistent look, feel and tone across company materials and project materials
- Execute creative deliverables such as pitch documents, concept art, fun packs etc.
- Consult producers and manager on time bids for various art department schedules
- Inspire and mentor art team
- Support with character design, layout and concept art
- Stay at the forefront of animated design trends and techniques
- Sit on daily/weekly art review meetings and send constructive feedback to the team
Required skills and experience:
- Extensive knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, and Illustrator)
- Experience with animation production pipeline
- Five plus years of experience in an Art Director or Design Lead position is preferred
- Completion of a graphic design or animation program is preferred
Skills that are an asset:
- Motion graphics and After Effects
- Toonboom Harmony
- Video Editing