Job Opportunity: 2D Design Supervisor
Employer: Taqqut Productions (Toronto Office) / Tundra Friends S1 Inc.
Reports To: Series Producer and Production Manager
Terms of Employment: January 4, 2021 – October 22, 2021
Contact Information: Melody McMullan, [email protected]
We’re looking for an experienced 2D Design Supervisor to join our team for a brand new animated series, Tundra Friends!
In this position the Design Supervisor, with the help of the Production Manager, will lead a team of designers, storyboard artists, and layout & paint artists. We are looking for a candidate with professional experience leading small teams of artists, and a candidate who is able to provide guidance to junior employees. The Supervisor will review all designs, storyboards and backgrounds submitted each week, track their progress, and will communicate revisions to the artists. The Design Supervisor will ensure all artists are adhering to the production style and schedule, and will regularly check in with each team to offer clarity and support when needed. The ability to troubleshoot technical issues with Toon Boom Harmony, Storyboard Pro, and Adobe Creative Suite is a strong asset.
When applying for this job, please provide your resume, portfolio, and demo reel.
Please note that we will only be contacting applicants who are residents of the province of Ontario.
Due to COVID-19 this will be a remote work-from-home position. A small Internet stipend will also be provided.
However, we are monitoring the situation very closely and will be periodically reevaluating the possibility of working from an office environment. If it becomes safe to do so, we may ask the candidate to work from an office in Toronto on an occasional basis. We will therefore prioritize candidates within the GTA.
Software Knowledge Required:
Toon Boom Harmony
Toon Boom Storyboard Pro
Adobe Premiere Pro
G Suite and Google Drive
- Professional experience leading teams of designers, layout & paint artists, and/or storyboard artists.
- Professional experience in the animation industry, ideally in design, layout & paint, and/or storyboarding.
- Familiarity and understanding of the animation pipeline
- Able to adapt and adhere to production style
- Lead small teams
- Work independently
- Work in a team environment when needed
- Able to take direction from supervisors
- Able to meet deadlines
What we’re looking for:
- Someone willing to learn, with a great attitude
- Able to work and communicate effectively in a collaborative, fast paced environment
- Creative thinker
- Problem solver
- Effective time management skills; able to find efficient solutions
- Must be a Canadian citizen or permanent Resident, and Ontario Resident
Taqqut Productions Inc. is an Inuit-owned film production company located in Iqaluit, Nunavut. Our films have screened at festivals in eighteen countries and have won over twenty international awards. With its film and television projects, Taqqut has established itself as an innovative leader in Northern youth and children’s productions, and aims to preserve the rich storytelling culture of Inuit and the North.